25 of the Finest Topics on Mass Media and Communications
- News production. This is one of the most popular topics on mass media and communications, as it is universal: in any country with any language and any culture, there are news, and certain tools that allow to produce them and present them to the public.
- Social engagement in Internet era. Does social engagement grow due to the growing social networks? How did the concept of social engagement change during the past 20 years? These and other questions can be addressed in your essay.
- Radio broadcasting. This topic implies discussing the historic role of radio and critically analyzing its competitive strength in the modern environment.
- Cyber psychological behavior tendencies. With the growing use of social media networks, the question of self-representation on the Internet and its influence on the real life becomes more and more topical.
- The spiral of silence. You can discuss what predetermines what we think and what we believe, and how we decide when to share our position with the world.
- The power of online communities. This topic suggests writing a rather informative and up-to-date essay, which can discuss how the Internet communities influence the attitudes of people, and how it is related to the economic and political choices, they make.
- Media ecology. Among all the existing topics on mass media and communications, this must be the most important today, when media is indeed the foundation of everyone’s perception of the world.
- Guerilla marketing examples. This is a fascinating task – to find and present the brightest examples of guerilla marketing and discuss why this approach is successful.
- Meme. With this word being one of the most used in the popular culture, its importance is obvious. Therefore, its actual origin and meaning can be discussed in your paper.
- Content analysis. One of the ways to develop this topic is to discuss the importance of this method in the formation of the modern communication approaches.
- Mean World Syndrome. This implies the impact of mass media on the attitudes among the viewers, and, as a result, on the moods of communities and nations.
- Hypodermic needle model. Communications and media essay topics should be engaging, and this model, invented almost a century ago, will certainly be a point of interest for the readers.
- Importance of fact-checking. You can either present famous cases of misperceptions due to lack of fact-checking, or name the fact-checking tools and organizations that exist today.
- Gatekeeping. You might research how the information that goes to mass media is filtered in your country, and who controls the translation of messages. As an alternative, your essay may be devoted to the challenges of journalism due to gatekeeping.
- Analog media. While digital technologies are spreading with the speed of light and the information is being stored in virtual space, the analog media becomes something vintage and ineffective. Yet, it is still being used, and you may discuss why.
- Modern tools of propaganda. Clearly, now it is easier than ever to manipulate the masses. Thus, researching the propaganda models used nowadays is definitely an idea for a topical paper.
- National cinema. As an option, you can discuss how it can be used for certain political and economic purposes, and explain why it is a powerful media tool.
- Active audience theory. In the era of interaction between the media information presenters and receivers, this is clearly one of the important topics on mass media and communications. You can discuss how the effectiveness of communication can be altered from the perspective of this theory.
- Modern viral phenomena. You can research the elements of today’s culture that spread extremely fast and obtain a global character. Clearly, Internet patterns would be a perfect source for information on this matter.
- Word of mouth. Today, when there are numerous ways to spread information to thousands of people, oral communication is still effective. A good idea for a paper is to discuss the word of mouth role in marketing and its specificity.
- Message encoding. The more electronic and virtual technologies are used, the greater the need for encoding information becomes. In your paper, you can talk about the modern tendencies in message encoding.
- Barriers to communication effectiveness. One’s essay can discuss the possible impediments for message delivery, such as language, gender, culture, conditions, physical barriers, etc.
- Shannon-Weaver communication model. You might consider discussing this simple model and how it can be applied to the key media interaction today.
- Fear of missing out. This phenomenon has been actively discussed lately in the scope of cyber psychology, and its viral spreading makes it a worthy topic for your essay.
- Information revolution. This topic suggests analyzing how the information has changed its form, scale and impact in the modern world.
Find more useful information in article "Mass Media Essay Writing"