Effective Political Essay Writing: Learn from Professional Writers
No one can avoid the impact of politics. Learning the fundamentals of politics, the students get to know about numerous political issues of critical importance, in particular environmentalism, sovereignty, justice, populism, democracy, nationalism, globalization, and so on. Since the range of topics in the framework of politics associated with other disciplines, such as religion, economics, philosophy, health care, science, and other is extremely wide, the task to write a political essay can be complicated as it requires profound knowledge and ability to think analytically. An undeniable benefit of learning how to write papers in the field of political science is development of critical thinking and ability to evaluate the issues from the past, present, and future, which make a difference in the world. Writing about them, one can show individual approach to universal problems and add one’s own voice to the analysis of what is going on around the globe and locally.
To complete the paper on politics successfully, a student should devote sufficient time to conduct thorough research and evaluate all the related concepts. Read the following guidelines and get to know how to select a good topic, do the pre-reading stage, analyze the question, research the raised questions, draft the first version of the paper, and do the actual writing. Following our advice, you will be able to submit a flawless research paper or essay and impress your professor.
Essay on Political Science: Basic Format
The aim of an introduction is to present a clear argument and make an explicit outline for the paper structure. For a short paper, this part can be made of several sentences or several paragraphs, while a long one can have an introductory section composed of several pages. It is crucial to pay special attention to the thesis statement of the paper as well as it should be suitable for all the assignment aspects.
A serious political paper should demonstrate how your constructed argument is built on the previous topic research by including a section of literature review. It can be incorporated in the introductory part or any of the sections of the paper body. It is up to you to decide which approach will be appropriate for the particular research you conduct.
Sections of the Body
The number of body sections can be determined in accordance with the needs of the writer. Each specific aspect of the topic is covered in a separate body section that comprises one, two, three or even more paragraphs, depending on how many are needed to make an intended point. For instance, if the topic requires analysis of the process of making the law out of a bill, there should be several sub-topics that cover specific aspects within a large section. One can be about the events and decisions made in the House, another refers to the events in the Senate, the following one can be focused on what takes place after final agreement on the approved bill version. It is essential to keep to one topic throughout the text and ensure smooth transitions between the parts.
Setting up the paragraphs of the body: how to do that effectively
Thesis: what is the topic of this particular paragraph? There should be the first sentence that expresses this main idea and it should be directly associated with the final sentence. Mind the smooth flow of ideas!
Analysis and evidence. Please note that it is wrong to cite the quotes and then do analysis of them one by one. The right approach implies providing the required evidence and doing analysis all at once. If you discuss the attitude of the House to the amendment offered by the Senate to a bill, you should also add a corresponding quote about the corresponding position of the President.
Sentences for transition and summarizing. Stating some idea, do not forget to finish up in the same part of the text, either in the same sentence or the next one. Provide all the explanations with the required transition phrases that build connections between the paragraphs and points.
Writing a conclusion to a political essay, mind that it should be related to the thesis without mere restating it. Review the essay twice before writing a conclusion. Double check whether the thesis statement is related to all the parts of the essay. Make sure that the created argument is supported with the evidence which is directly related to the thesis. If everything is fine, you can proceed to working on the concluding paragraphs. However, if you feel that there should be some changes, then do the revision and change the thesis accordingly.
To be a good writer, you have to know exactly how to restate the thesis properly, not just by copy-pasting it both in the introduction and some other paragraph of the conclusion. The whole essay should be summarized in the concluding sentences. You have to use this part as a chance to emphasize the main idea and state your point of view again. However, be careful and do not introduce any new facts, evidence, statistical data, or figures in the conclusion. Your task here is not to add to the information provided but to explain it and show a broader context of what has been said.
Political Essay Writing: Valuable Tips
- Sound analytical. You write an essay not to make a summary of the collected facts regarding the events and theories in politics. Your task is to lay emphasis on the informed argument and prove that the research you have made is thorough. What you have to demonstrate in your writing is your independent thinking and critical approach to the information. For instance, you should present the arguments not only with the evident meanings, but also with contradictory opinions about them.
- Adhere to a scholarly style. Do not sound informal or casual in your writing. Your argumentations should never be sloppy. Instead, you have to keep to academic presentation of the facts and make sure that your political essays sound formal with the dominant scholarly tone. Your audience should expect to read an interesting and informative text.
- Be brief. Paraphrase without too many direct quotes in your text. Remember that you should always cite every borrowed idea or quote; otherwise, you will be plagiarizing. Even a paraphrased paragraph from a different source requires your individual comments. It is not appropriate to present a summary of the used sources instead of your personal analysis and reflection.
- Analyze the text carefully. Bias is not acceptable in your text. Your interpretation of the facts should always take into consideration both the strong sides and the weaknesses.
- Remember that your readers are non-experts. Too complex terms and jargons will scare your readers away. In your political essays, give definitions to all the terms which you have to use. Your paper should be based on high quality research to raise your readers’ awareness about the political events and theories.
Find more useful information in article "Custom Essay Papers"
Read Our Political Essay Example
Political Essay Topics
- History of politics: background and evolution
- Relationship between politics and wars: is there a political background in every war?
- Overview of the political science. Methodology and fundamental principles
- Rationality of politics. Religion and politics.
- Political psychology
- Politics vs. cultural norms
- Terrorism as an instrument of politicians.
- Outstanding personalities in politics. Choose the one you admire.
- Civil wars: causes and consequences.
- Crucial political decisions that have transformed the history.
- Mechanisms of populism.
- Social movements and political development.
- Similar and different features of totalitarian regimes.
- Electoral systems: classification and characteristics
- Examples of divided governments
- Peculiar features of unitary systems, confederalism, and federalism
- Republics of presidential and parliamentary types
- Global politics and environmental protection
- Political economy at the international level
- Diplomacy and wars. Interstate affairs.
- Politics and open society
- Loyalty oaths and code of honor
- Constructivism: positive and negative aspects
- Positivism: positive and negative aspects
- Eliminating corruption in politics
- Media and politics
- Theory of rational choice
- Cultural pluralism
- Globalization vs. nationalism
- Political scandals
- Political anthropology
- Political philosophy
- Religion and politics: how are they related?
- Politics and public relations
- Origins of politics
- Wartime and peaceful politics
- Impact of the common good concept on politics
- Evolution of public morals and its impact on politics
- International non-state actors
- Electoral systems in different countries: comparison
- Major political figures of the 20th century.
- Political dependencies at the global level
- Democracy: positive and negative aspects
- Power and morality
- Totalitarianism: positive and negative aspects
- Benefits of nationalism and globalization
- The most influential political decision of the 20th century
- How is it possible to explain the difference between the results of elections and those of exit polls?
- Politics in your state and environmental protection issues
- Influence of international relations on your native country
- Wartime political environment
- Political system of your native state: positive and negative aspects
- Psychology of politicians
- Can civil wars be defined as a mistake committed by politicians at the local level?
- How can corruption be reduced or eliminated?
- They say politics is immoral.
- Is politics in your country affected with gender discrimination issues?
- What is a perfect political system, in your opinion?
- Impact of cultural norms on politics: give examples
- Impact of social movements on politics
- Political scandals: positive and negative aspects
- Civil rights in your country
- Death penalty: for and against
- Legalizing drugs: for and against
- Politics and the media: dependencies
- Is regulation of the internet resources by the government necessary?
- Are strikes an effective method of impacting the governmental decisions?
- Protests: for and against
- Processes of democratization
- Politics in your country: development and progress
- Civil wars: reasons and consequences
- Political conflicts: background of the phenomenon
- Political parties in the USA
- International relations: history and background
- Present-day conflict science
- International law collisions
- Power balance
- Is war always caused by a political decision?
- Foreign policy: factors and aspects
- Political system in your country: background
- Key characteristics of an effective politician
- Non-state actors on the global arena
- International relations nowadays
- Political thought in the context of Christianity and Islam
- Local and state government in your native country
- What is the direction of political development in your country?
- What matters: concerns of national security or privacy of the people?
- Advantages of parliamentary republics as contrasted to those of presidential republics
- Is wall needed in the USA?
- Do the countries need nuclear weapons?
- Diplomacy vs. war in the 20th century
- Harm and good caused by revolutions
- Do you believe in the principles of democracy?
- How can the country fight corruption?
- Which law would you introduce in your country?
- Imagine a perfect political party
- Controversial politicians in the 20th century
- Which political party do you consider to be the most effective?
- The most impressive political event of 2019
- The future of politics at the global level
Online Assistance with Essays on Politics
We have obtained a huge experience in providing help to our customers. We have developed our unique perspective on political essays and online custom writing. We have loyal clients who recommend us to their friends because of the high level of writing and analysis we offer. You contact us and get the services of political science writers.
Expertise of the Writers
Our writers are perfect in two areas of expertise:
- Politics: Ordering an essay on political science from Best-Writing-Service.net, you get the writer who has sufficient experience of work exactly in the required sphere. We check on his or her background in the field and also give extensive training to every writer. The writer who will work on your paper is definitely ready to tackle any project of yours.
- Writing: Writing political essays is different from other kinds of academic writing, and it demands special skills and knowledge from the experts. We hire only those who know how to prepare bibliographies, make proper citations, and write well. We value consistency and our writers ensure it in the papers. You will receive a piece of good writing with excellent ideas and transitions between them.
Benefits of Cooperation with Us
You will enjoy our discounts and reasonable pricing. However, we offer much more than a chance to save with us. You can choose a specific writer with a guarantee of confidentiality and safety. We provide unique content and we always take into account the guidelines to every task. We handle all kinds of topics from the area of foreign affairs or domestic politics. We are the best in political essay writing; you can trust us in that.